Location: New York, NY or Charlotte, NC
MIAC Analytics™ is looking for a qualified, entrepreneurial candidate to join their Product Management and Support Team. Product Management and Support is a highly motivated, high energy team that works closely with all facets of MIAC’s business including Sales and Business Development, Analytics, Risk Management, and Software Development.
This candidate’s primary responsibility will be to lead the product and business planning process for DataRaptor®, one of the most widely used data wrangling tools for big data analytics in the mortgage industry. DataRaptor is used to normalize and manage trillions of dollars of mortgage and consumer assets and is the building block for MIAC’s state-of-the-art balance sheet and asset simulation calculators, stochastic macro factor simulation tools, behavioral models, and valuation and risk management activities.
The Role You Will Play
- Work with Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Business Users to build/enhance commercially viable DataRaptor application features including:
- Data Normalization and Visualization
- Time Series Data Collection and Performance Measurement
- Automated Data Workflow
- Data Enrichment
- Integration with external applications such as Python and R
- Manage product development for DataRaptor including prioritizing enhancements, facilitating, and participating in testing, and documenting release notes for application upgrades.
- Assess current competitor offerings to DataRaptor, seeking opportunities for differentiation
- Work with Borrower Analytics team to use DataRaptor for collecting and managing large datasets for use in behavioral modeling
- Engage with Sales, prospective clients, and current clients in training and advancing knowledge of the capabilities of DataRaptor
- Collaborate with Product Management and Support Team in overall management of all MIAC applications including support, training, prospective client demos, etc.
- Represent MIAC ethically and professionally while effectively protecting the rights and interests of MIAC and its clients.
The candidate should have working knowledge of a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures including:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in data science
- Proficiency in Python and R
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis
- Experience with common commercially available data science toolkits
- Strong communication skills, capacity for leadership, and creative problem solving
- A results-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work independently and with team members from different backgrounds
- Experience with mortgage collateral performance and mortgage valuation methods a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: New York, NY or Charlotte, NC
Required Education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: 3+ years
Since 1989, MIAC has been at the forefront in providing:
- Secondary Pricing and Risk Management Software and Advisory Solutions
- MSR, Whole Loan, Residual and Illiquid Mortgage Pricing, Hedging, and Accounting
- Software and Advisory Solutions
- MSR and Whole Loan Brokerage Services
- Interest Rate Derivative Pricing Software and Pricing Services
- Pricing Software and Pricing Services for Mortgage Derivatives
MIAC Analytics™ is used to value over four trillion dollars in mortgage whole loans, MSR (mortgage servicing rights), residuals, and interest rate derivatives on a monthly basis by the majority of the largest mortgage companies in the industry.
MIAC’s corporate headquarters is in New York City, with additional office in Charlotte NC, Bethlehem PA, Pewaukee WI, Bangalore, and London.